Roho cushions are one of the best most especially if someone has had wounds
on their ischial tuberosities. Which I did... with no thanks to my primary
care physician and a nurse who caused it. In any case, I had never had any
problems with wounds before 2009 so when I got my Stage III wound ... I
sought out what would be best for me and got an e-mail from the president
of the Rojo Corporation. I have had one since 2011. A high-profile and
mid-profile cushion.

Before that I was using a VARILITE cushion which worked best for me until
it started to go flat. All my primary care physician had to do was fax in
an order for a new wheelchair cushion  for me to get one.  For some reason
he kept not answering his phone and when his medical assistant would answer
I would tell her what I needed but they refused to call me back. My wound
kept getting worse and finally I left a message on his voicemail saying
something like "This is the last call I am going to make before taking
further action." Well, THAT got him to do what he was supposed to do in the
first place but it did not help my wound. Then when a home health agency
nurse measured my wound for my physician (a Medicare thing that needed to
be done) she had taken a piece of paper to measure it with (out of her bag
where god knows how many homes or places that bag had been) and what we did
not know at the time was that he had a particular bacteria on it so my
husband began to wonder when my wound began traveling down my leg.
Thankfully, my husband knew enough to know that only bacteria would spread
that we so we should get it cultured... which we did. Sure enough it had
been infected and then it just got worse and worse and worse. Like I have
said so many times before... so many physicians and nurses have hurt me
more than they have helped me which is sad.

Anyway, after acquiring that wound and it taking so long to heal I found
out about ROHO cushions and the different kinds being one of the best. The
only thing I do not like about them is that they are maintenance cushions
and have to be checked all the time. Ironically, the one I have been
sitting on for numerous years now went flat several days ago and the
caregivers who were staying with me while my regular caregiver was on
vacation had to speak to my sister over the phone for my sister to describe
how to put air back in it and how much, etc. etc. etc.

As far as getting burned by anything... I have always known over the last
38 years not to be left alone with an electric blanket and to be very very
very careful with having a hot drink next to me but since I can't hold one
anyway and has never been an issue. The only thing that I was kind of
burned by was when I got a cheeseburger from McDonald's back in 1982 or
1983 and because I can hold one with my thumb on top and my bended
forefinger (neither which I can feel) it was very hot and left a big
blister on my forefinger. Now I can kind of tell when something is too hot
for me to hold or I ALWAYS check before hand to make sure.

Just my $.02.

~Lori

--
"Petting, scratching and cuddling a dog could be soothing to the mind and
heart and deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." ~Dean