Yes, my dog is a German Shepherd. Yes she is very intelligent but I never
found the right trainer because they never got back to me. NOT because of
my girl but they just never returned my phone calls when they said they
would. One even set up a 2 week board and training date for her earlier
this year to come & get her, work with her because he has a huge ranch and
works with all kinds of dogs/breeds.

My Goldens  never needed training and this girl would be fantastic if those
trainers had gotten back with me a couple years ago or starting at the
beginning of 2019. She will be 4 next month and I have gotten with a Dog
Behaviorist a short time ago who is now working with me. She has a huge
heart, wants to cuddle all the time and play, play, play. THAT is what she
is missing since I cannot throw things and her favorite thing to do (next
to being very food driven) is to ride in my vehicle or any vehicle. My life
always has something going on so I have not had much of a chance to do that.

I got a flat tire on my Permobil M 300 the day before Thanksgiving of all
days! Thankfully it held air until they could get a technician out here
which was this past Tuesday. I am well overdue for a new chair but life has
been a whirlwind and that is a complicated process when this chair has been
doing fine. Further, I am not eligible  for state help and this chair had a
co-pay of $7000. Anyway, I can't remember exactly when it started but a
very short while ago when I put it in the "outdoor" option (which has a
number 2 for that) it started to go no faster than the "indoor" option. I
love to walk and "trot" my dog and I live right across the road from a
plaza with several stores I like going to but I have to scoot across their
fast and, starting yesterday, it would not go faster like it did. They are
sending the same technician out again today to evaluate that. In the
meantime, he has had to order me tires (even a couple of solid casters that
are getting worn down) and I will have a co-pay for those.

Yesterday I had a full carpet cleaning service come in ($154) and I had my
dog groomed by a mobile groomer on Wednesday of this week who did a really
good job when I first had her groomed in July. Lola sheds a lot but her
coat has remained very well and soft Since I adopted her in November of
2018.

Everyone around here that knows me (and a great majority of people who do
not know me) knows Lola! And I pass at least one person if not more on my
walks who are always saying "What a BEAUTIFUL dog you have!!!" People will
even stop their car to say that. Many of them say they have had or do I
have a German Shepherd. I will say that I did not do my homework before
getting one. They need a lot of mental and physical exercise and that is
why they do great with police work. She would certainly do EXTREMELY well
for that because she goes around my big apartment several times a day
making sure things are still in its place.

I am heading out right now to take her for a walk on a wonderful sunshiny
day. It's a little cool at 65° but the sun feels warm.  Because my
apartment complex area is asphalt and so many vehicles including the people
who live here (delivery trucks, mail trucks and so much more) my tires and
Lola's paws get filthy but nothing I can do about that besides the
obvious.  In the 11 different houses (including temporary quarters when my
husband was transferred twice or more) I have lived here... I have NEVER
lived in a big apartment complex that also has such cheap carpets because
people and families move in and out. Some people have been here as long as
I have or a little longer. I have been here 5 years next month. I would
love to move into another house but I never know how long a live-in
caregiver is going to stay. It is HARD to find them and I NEED someone
around the clock for a million different reasons. Life was pretty great
when my husband was alive and he died unexpectedly and most of you know the
rest. So, over the last 5 years it has been the first time I have had to
hire someone around the clock.

Thanks for asking about Lola!  I tried to find another Golden but after
trying and trying and trying and joining 2 Golden Rescues... I found out
there is a nationwide shortage of them unless you want a puppy and with all
my needs... that would even have been too hard on my husband and I. We were
very fortunate to have the 2 Goldens come to us in different ways and at
perfect times.

~Lori