At 9:23 PM +0100 2/17/2003, J.M.P.Hissel wrote:
>On 17-02-2003 4:34, the pickle, [EMAIL PROTECTED], wrote:
>
>>  At 09:59 +1100 on 17/02/03, dana sibera wrote:
>>
>>>  Anyhows - it -seems- to be a video card. a standard DB15 connector is on
>>>  the back, and it has 2mb of ram in 18 ZIPs, (looks like parity, there)
>>
>>  Generally I would agree with that assessment, but remember that AUI uses a
>>  DB-15 as well, and the "AXXYSS" name sounds vaguely
>>networking-related.  (Look
>>  in the lower-right corner of the scan.)
>
>I strongly believe the pickle is right. I have 1 card with a little
>different archt. as on your scan, with DB-15 as well but without button and
>light. It's defenitly an AAUI. And I have a similar one but with a
>TokenRing-conn. as well.
>Beware not to connect a monitor to this DB-15, can cause fat problems.

It MIGHT be AUI but not AAUI.  It doesn't have the sliding latches
that are so prevalent on AUI.  And how would you explain the RAMDAC?
It also doesn't have the usual power circuitry one sees on AUI.

With some digging I found AXXYSS listed in Florida

# Axxyss International, Inc.  SPRINT-D01A40 208.26.64.0 - 208.26.95.255
# Dimentions, Inc.  AXXSYS-208-26-78
# 1361 South Federal Highway, Suite 501
# Boca Raton, FL 33432
# Eilon, Tal  (TE426-ARIN)  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
# 561-555-5555 (FAX) 561-416.1235

But it kind of looks like it's a source of porn and or spam.

Check out:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=AXXYSS&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en

Note the first entry refers to a video card which matches up with the
one in question.  Unfortunately there isn't much info.  The 94VO
80MHz fits.

The third item in the above link lists a company address in England.

I suspect this thing is so bloody old it has fallen off the edge of
the web (well, never really made it on).

FWIW
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA