Martin Winter wrote:
> I don’t like to have this discussion in privacy - this isn’t about
> me. Maybe I did something stupid or you (or community?) decided on
> new rules for who should be on it. I think it would be beneficial to
> everyone to have make it public on who is on the list and probably
> why they are on the list (so it makes somehow the selection more
> transparent.

Martin,

Quagga was forked recently: github.com/freerangerouting/frr

The commit logs in FRR show a good deal of activity since the split, and
the freerangerouting.com domain seems to have been registered by Netdef.

Usually forks happen after a breakdown of confidence and/or trust in the
original project.  Without prejudice to whatever changes may have been
made to the secur...@quagga.net email address, it looks like there has
been a serious breakdown of communications.

It would be helpful if there were some public discussion about what's
happened, and why.  There are a lot of people who depend on the quagga
code base, and trust in community projects depends on transparency.

Nick