Sounds interesting Tony - How much is "I don't want a lot for it"?
Bob Craig (Q2-267)
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Vincent" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Quantum Owners] Replacement engine: recommedations?
In message
<66489718-efb7-4d2e-9c20-746670ebe...@g10g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
MatthewG <[email protected]> writes
Hi all,
I've been trying to get my 2+2 back on the road (it's been sat in the
garage since the head gasket blew) and have now found that the
associated damage is probably too severe for the engine to be saved.
So I wondered what the consensus is for the best replacement engine at
the moment.
I'm hoping, as someone who bought a demonstrator and didn't build it
myself, that it'll be easy for a first time installation, and more
powerful than my knackered 2 litre Vulcan. As I'll also have to get it
past 'er indoors so not too dear...
Any suggestions?
Whereabouts in the country are you?
Hopefully the Escort RS-Turbo engine from my saloon should be coming out
sometime over the spring/summer. (I know I keep saying that, but right
now it's preferable to have the engine still in the car, rather than try
to sell it once removed).
That's assuming First Central insurance stop messing me about and
finally pay out on my Mondeo.
(Other party has admitted liability, my car has been assessed as a
write-off, how hard can it be?) It's been 2 months so far, and they
don't seem to have done anything useful yet, apart from make stupid
offers full of mistakes, with all sorts of strings and ridiculous
clauses attached.
Steer clear of them at all costs. I've reported them to the FSA.
I'll be taking out a complete Escort S2 RS-Turbo setup, with complete
injection system, ECUs, -31 actuator, standard and modded ECUs that I
bought from Jim, plus a lot of spares, manifolds, injectors, ancillaries
etc.
I'll even throw in a brand new sump.
The car came with a dyno sheet showing 155bhp.
It's in good order, only done a couple of thousand miles since a cambelt
change. I'm only taking it out because I haven't been using the car due
to a radiator leak. And using the Mondeo doing 55mpg is nicer than
30mpg from the Quantum. Power is nice, mpg is nicer!
You could use it as is (although I'd recommend changing the rear oil
seal and clutch while the engine is out). Or use the turbo bits,
manifolds and head for a ZVH conversion.
I'm hoping it will come out in one big lump, so there shouldn't be too
many issues of reattaching pipes/wires etc.
I don't want a lot for it. Once the Mondeo engine is in place, the ERST
unit will just be taking up garage room and I'd rather not have it
kicking around.
--
Tony Vincent
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Quantum Owners Group" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/quantumowners?hl=en
IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is"
basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum
Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or
in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any
person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or
alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained
within this or related message(s).
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
quantumowners+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the
words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum
Owners Group" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/quantumowners?hl=en
IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is"
basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor
the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the
above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to
liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the
instructions contained within this or related message(s).
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to quantumowners+unsubscribegooglegroups.com
or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.