From: 'teegee777' via Quantum Owners Group <quantumowners@googlegroups.com>
To: Quantum Owners Group <quantumowners@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 10:32
Subject: [Quantum Owners] Re: Young driver interested in kit cars

Hi Martin,             Do you live anywhere near Suffolk? I'm going to be
selling my 2+2 very soon, it's a 1.4 and I've owned it for about 11 years. It's
been a brilliant car and it's only because I've got a back/shoulder injury that
I'm selling it, I've now got an automatic metal box to drive!. The problem I
have is the lack of power steering and the right knee twist as you get out! I
can't think of it failing anything unusual at MOT's , although I have had to
weld up where the track stabilizer bar fits to the front subframe. There's two
minor things at the moment which I haven't been physically able to do. The
drivers door needs re-bolting back on (long story,but it's now got a new top
hinge) and it's also got what I consider a minor electric fault ( i just need
to find it). It starts o.k. but dies after a short period of acceleration. As
mentioned on the forum I think it could either be the connection on the coil
(push on) another bad electrical contact or at the worse the distributor
electronic module (reasonably cheap).The stainless exhaust is 18 months old,
and it's got 3 months MOT. I really need about £1100 for it and I have a
hardtop which I'm selling separately for £150. Good luck on your search, you
won't be disappointed with either a 2+2 or H4. Tony