I agree, sounds like a dead stalk.

Chris G

From: Andy Heaton
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2019 7:58 AM
To: quantumowners@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [Quantum Owners] 2+2 Lights

Check the earth on the steering column as well nigel.....sounds like a stalk
failure 🤔

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019, 07:44 Nigel Plant, <nigelp...@gmail.com> wrote:

  Hi Guys
  Have just foind a problem with headlights not working. So am hoping for a
quick few pointers before I get onto the detail of wiring diagrams etc.

  Here are the symptoms:
  Dipped and main beam headlights do not work.
  Sidelights work and the flaps do open.
  Headlights will flash normally using indicator stalk.
  In checking all systems found that hazards don't work and when hazards
switched on indicators don't work, realise that may be logical.

  All fuses checked and ok.

  Without consulting wiring diagrams etc I would assume either the headlights
are not receiving power from an ignition live (but this would mean hazards are
a separate issue) or an earth problem. The latter being a guess as may be
linked to all the bad weather we've been having.

  I've initially discounted a relay as couldn't see how this could explain dip
and mains not working.

  I can go through trouble shooting routines, but the reason for the early post
is son gets married on Saturday and is using the car, so am short on time and
looking for a quick steer. My starting point will be earth near battery and
headlight switch.

  Thanks
  Nigel

email to mailto:quantumowners%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com.