Hi Derek et al

My saloon does not have and never has had such covers fitted and I've not found
any downside to that.

Just for interest, the radiator originally was in the engine bay but during a
full rebuild a few years ago, I moved it in front of the bulkhead to
accommodate a decent tubular exhaust manifold.

http://quantumforum.proboards.com/thread/522/quantum-saloon-full-rebuild?page=6

As you've probably discovered, removing the nose cone can be a pig if stainless
fasteners were not used to mount it, but all are reachable, just, with a
cutting disc on an angle grinder.

Best regards
Bill

    On Monday, 10 February 2020, 19:36:59 GMT, Derek Clews