On 10/12/2016 08:26 AM, drew.qu...@gmail.com wrote:
Any updates yet for these issues? (as in updates I don't mean software
updates/patches/fixes, but information on tests done or requests for more
details)

Given the small size of the Qubes dev team, how busy they seem to be, the randomness of your problem, and its specificity (you seem to be the only one encountering that issue), I wouldn't count too much on getting dedicated help. Until Qubes' user base reaches a critical mass where there is enough advanced users or devs with time to debug specific issues like yours, it makes sense for the current dev team to focus on more critical stuff like fixing issues many people encounter or going on with the development roadmap, which ends up benefiting the whole Qubes community. Granted, someone could have answered that they don't have time working on your issue though.

That said you may get some help if you could reproduce the bug reliably and show that the bug you're encountering is really because of Qubes, and not because of XEN or because of your hardware (RAM corruption, bad PSU, you name it). That would mean wiping Qubes, installing the same XEN version Qubes uses and setting up a virtualized fc23. But since your bug is random you'll probably end up spending a lot of time on trying stuff without any guarantee that your issue will be fixed.

If Qubes is critical for you I would advise buying a laptop/PC that you know will work with Qubes (that's what I've done - I bought a thinkpad t450s after spending too much time trying to have Qubes working on my older t400).

All of that probably doesn't help you much. It would probably be a good idea to have "Why does nobody pay attention to my bug report" section in the wiki/FAQ somewhere.

Ivan