On Sun, March 25, 2018 4:14 pm, Thierry Laurion wrote:
> Le dimanche 25 mars 2018 12:09:24 UTC-4, Thierry Laurion a écrit :

>> I'm not sure I follow.
>> Xen doesn't support Power architecture. Does it?
>> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/91368/xen-hw-virtualization-on-
>> power-architecture
>
> No it doesn't. Is there a status update on the development of the
> abstraction layer?

I'm curious about this as well. If one's end goal was Qubes running on
non-x86 arch., what would be the best approach to pursue?

A. Port Xen to Power, then Qubes (classic workstation with a handful of
high GHz threads)
B. Locate blob free ARM hardware, then port Qubes to ARM (Xen on ARM
already exists; Qubes Air on multiple ARMs?)
C. Add missing functionality/security to KVM, then port Qubes to a
supported platform on it (this sounds as hard as option A to me, but don't
have a good idea of the complexities)
D. Despair and stay on x86

Of course, Qubes on all the architectures/hypervisors would be ideal but
given limited resources, which makes the most sense over the next couple
years?

P.S. Thanks, Qubes team, for 4.0 final!