On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 10:29 AM,
0981'029438'109438'0192438'0192438'019438'0943 <kersten.vo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I like to install thebrain 7:
>
> http://www.thebrain.com/products/thebrain/download-old/
>
> JAVA is not a high security backbone, so in the future, I would like to
> install all JAVA Apps in a isolated HVM.
>
> But for now, I run into this error:
>
> [user@work brain]$ ./TheBrain_unix_7_0_4_5.sh
> No suitable Java Virtual Machine could be found on your system.
> Do you want to download a JRE? (y/n)
> Downloading JRE with wget ...
> --2016-06-05 15:16:35--
> http://assets.thebrain.com/downloads/java/linux-x86-1.6.0_26.tar.gz
> Resolving assets.thebrain.com (assets.thebrain.com)... 54.192.46.40,
> 54.192.46.80, 54.192.46.250, ...
> Connecting to assets.thebrain.com (assets.thebrain.com)|54.192.46.40|:80...
> connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
> Length: 21526683 (21M) [application/x-gzip]
> Saving to: ‘jre.tar.gz’
>
> jre.tar.gz          100%[===================>]  20.53M  2.56MB/s    in 8.1s
>
> 2016-06-05 15:16:43 (2.53 MB/s) - ‘jre.tar.gz’ saved [21526683/21526683]
>
> Unpacking JRE ...
> Preparing JRE ...
> ./TheBrain_unix_7_0_4_5.sh: bin/unpack200: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF
> interpreter: No such file or directory
> Error unpacking jar files. The architecture or bitness (32/64)
> of the bundled JVM might not match your machine.
>
> What must I do that I can finalize the PB7 installation?
>
> Kind Regards

I used theBrain for some years in the past (PB5-6 perhaps), but then I gave
up because linux support was so poor. They claim to support linux, but they
really support only windows and there are lots of linux issues that remain
open for years with nobody looking at them. So had to give up loosing lots
of data stored there, because there was no way to export it.

Also they claimed that the payment of the first release  would provide
support for future developments, but then wanted money for each new release.

So, it looks nice but it is not worth the effort, even if my wife still
misses it. If possible, I would look for something else.
Best
Fran