On Friday, 8 July 2016 09:50:21 UTC+10, Iestyn Best  wrote:
> On Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 11:00:45 AM UTC+10, Drew White wrote:
> > On Thursday, 7 July 2016 00:57:06 UTC+10, Andrew David Wong  wrote:
> > > I'm not a coder, so I don't know. If you know the task to be an easy
> > > one, why not help us out by contributing the patch yourself?
> >
> > If I was to make a patch for it, it would involve me fixing all the bugs in
> > it, basically rewriting the whole thing by going through line by line of
> > the whole code to find where things are going wrong.
> >
> > Since you have already been talking about rewriting the whole thing anyway,
> > I don't see the point in doing that.
> >
> > I personally have already altered things that are annoyances in the qvm
> > tools and other things to fix what I find to be very very very annoying,
> > and which are things that if I couldn't change, I wouldn't be using Qubes,
> > yet I was told they couldn't be changed because other things worked off it,
> > and yet those things with exactly the same change made, worked fine. one
> > line of code in tools after one area changed in one tool. Took me 5 minutes
> > to make the change, but made everything so much cleaner in the menu system.
> > The next thing is the Windows Main Menu reader, and fixing that up.
>
> Hi Drew,
>
> Glad to see you are getting Qubes to work the way you like/need.
>
> Just curious, have you provided patches to the Qubes team with those changes?
>
> I would be interested in seeing if your fixes could come through in the main
> release.
>
> Regards,
> Iestyn Best

No, I have not provided them because I was told it would never be changed, and
they would not  change it because they had things that worked using the way it
was. So they will not change it no matter what, because I proposed it to them
before.

I'll be happy to provide the small things that I have done to change things for
more easy menu, but in 3.2 we need the real menu back, not that THING they call
a menu that isn't.