On 07/25/2016 02:20 PM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 03:14:02PM -0300, Franz wrote:

ok now it works, it outputted a list of addresses. But I have to paste this
list on firewall rules of that VM and this is on Qubes Manager that is on
Dom0, so normal copy paste between VMs does not work.

I can only imagine of writing the addresses on a text file, then copying
the file to Dom0, using

qvm-run --pass-io <src-vm> 'cat /path/to/file_in_src_domain' >
/path/to/file_name_in_dom0

opening the file in Dom0 (which seems half prohibited) and finally copying
the adresses to Qubes Manager.

Otherwise I'll have to digit manually the addresses to Qubes Manager.

Which is the suggested way to do that?
Personally I do some thing like:
qvm-run --pass-io <src-vm> 'cat output-of-that-command'

Then copy&paste selected lines into shell (those are ready commands to
add firewall entries).

- --

A less tedious method to get a somewhat similar effect is to install 'HTTPS Everywhere' extension in Firefox and turn on the "block all unencrypted" feature. Then create some bookmarks for the (HTTPS) sites you wish to use.

You can control it further by adding the 'Request Policy' extension and use it to whitelist the 3rd party sites as you encounter them (the extension will remember your choices).

Chris