On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 11:02:48 PM UTC+8, johny...@sigaint.org wrote:
> > On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 1:52:12 AM UTC+8, Torsten Grote wrote:
> >> I tried it now and it works, but is barely usable, because it is
> >> very(!!!) slow. On top of running ARM emulation in an AppVM, I needed to
> >> turn on software graphic rendering, because hardware rendering didn't
> >> work.
> >
> > Did any one found a better way to get the Emulator to work ?
> > I tried using the ARM emulation but it just hangs on the boot screen.
>
> Apologies if this is out of context, I don't see the original posting to
> which this one is replying:
>
> Have you tried Android x86?  Without that ARM emulation, the performance
> should be a lot better.
>
> http://www.android-x86.org/
>
> I've gotten it running on KVM under Tails.  The setup wizard crashed, I
> think because I haven't gotten the networking working yet, and I haven't
> spent any more time on it.  But it did seem to run, and was fast enough.
>
> I think you're a lot more restricted on which store apps have been
> compiled for x86, as well.
>
> I failed to get it to work under Virtualbox on Windows, it just hung at
> the Android logo.
>
> Apparently people have success with differing versions of it, so if one
> doesn't work, try another.  :)
>
> I haven't tried it under a Qubes HVM yet, but will give that a try today.
>
> JJ

Hi JJ thanks for your reply.

You can find the full discussion here -
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/qubes-users/l2bcrfJpF4s/R1aaOT_IBgAJ
and there a few more topics about android studio in the group.

I couldn't get KVM running inside qubes appVM I haven't tried to do it on a HVM
but from what I managed to understand it might not be too easy (But I think all
the information I found discussed qubes 3 RC2 and nothing more recent)

For now I managed to connect to an actual device using adb, which might be a
better solution than an emulator any way. I'm just now starting to look into
android development so for the foreseeable future it will probably be good
enough for what I need.

If you manage to get KVM the x86 emulator to work that would be really useful