On 08/04/2016 07:51 PM, Torsten Grote wrote:
> I tried it now and it works, but is barely usable, because it is
> very(!!!) slow. On top of running ARM emulation in an AppVM, I needed
> to turn on software graphic rendering, because hardware rendering
> didn't work.
Yeah, it's quite slow, but depending on your app it may suffice - my
apps are "companions" for business applications, so there are no speed
requirements nor fancy graphics to display.

> It would be nice if Android guests would be officially supported by
> Qubes OS, but until that's the case, maybe there's a way of running
> Android guests in the meantime.
>
> An Android image comes with these files:
>
> kernel-qemu ramdisk.img system.img userdata.img
>
> Shouldn't it be possible somehow to create a XEN guest VM with these
> files mounted, so Android can actually boot?
While an Android x86 HVM guest may boot, would it work as an emulator
suitable for debugging? There may be some work to do to route tcp port
5554 from the debuggee (server) to the debugger.

I don't think a PV situation could easily work, because Qubes would like
to have its tools installed in the VM to be able to compose windows
coming from all the VMs in the system, while Android does not easily
allow for such a modification. But an HVM may boot, with its own
windowed fullscreen.

--
Alex