Thank you for pointing in the right direction. It was my fault in the script
for dom0. It failed in some way, causing other scripts not being called. I am
sorry for that. Now, I have a quick fix, but I should make it more robust.

On the keyboard: I had an idea about authenticated USB keyboard protocol. This
would make inserting keystrokes impossible (either from usbvm or from other USB
devices) and can also prevent some other modification attacks to some degree,
but it can hardly prevent sniffing from USBVM, at least attacker can recognize
timing of the keystrokes. But unfortunately:

* This would be implementable for me, because I can flash custom firmware to
Ergodox. (Well, this introduces some other risks, but they are manageable in
some way.) it might be implementable for some others (even via a proxy), but it
is far from universal solution.
* lack of time for that 😔