On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 4:44:10 PM UTC-4, Andrew David Wong wrote:

> There's also a more general workaround for the screen resolution issue
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/linux-hvm-tips/

Thanks Andrew. I was able to use the instructions on that linked page to fix
the screen resolution as desired. Much appreciated.

> (as well as a pointer regarding Qubes agents)

I'm not currently familiar enough with the inner workings or code underlying
Qubes Agents to take a casual shot at customising them, but it's good to know
for future reference what would need to be tweaked in order to modify mouse
pointer behavior. For now I'll just live with the dual pointers in standard
Linux HVM's.

> I think you (or someone else) would have to put in the coding work in
> order to make this work in the desired way. However, a lot of work
> has already been done on the Archlinux Template (which, I assume,
> can be run as an HVM if desired, though I haven't tried it myself):
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/archlinux/
> Some work has also been done on an Ubuntu template:
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/ubuntu/

Generally speaking, is it the case that running apps directly from a TemplateVM
(whether it's Debian, Fedora, Arch, Ubuntu) is functionally equivalent and
identical to operating that template/distro as a self-contained standalone HVM?
Meaning if I wanted a Debian HVM, it's just as easy to clone my Debian
TemplateVM and treat it as an HVM, instead of creating an actual new HVM the
classic way and then installing a Debian ISO?

Is there any fundamental intrinsic difference between how a Template behaves if
used in this fashion, and how a normal HVM would behave?