On 10/15/2016 04:56 PM, 4lgaqp+cqeepdnbinsts via qubes-users wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.
> Just to clarify, the VPN tunnel was created within the sys-firewall, and
> currently that's the only proxyVM that I'm using (apart from the sys-whonix),
> hence all traffic from the sys-net isn't encapsulated by the tunnel.

The instructions in the VPN doc (appear to me to) interfere with the Yum
Qubes proxy forwarding that is necessary for updates to work.

Try https://github.com/Rudd-O/qubes-vpn if possible, see if updates work
there.  You must run the Qubes updates proxy service directly in the
same VPN VM.    Note that update server queries will be handled by the
proxy and therefore will not go over the VPN.

--
    Rudd-O
    http://rudd-o.com/