On 10/18/2016 04:26 AM, pl1...@sigaint.org wrote:
On 10/16/2016 02:02 PM, pl1...@sigaint.org wrote:
On 10/15/2016 08:59 AM, pl1...@sigaint.org wrote:
Anyone?

Instructions for MAC anonymization have just been updated:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/anonymizing-your-mac-address/

Chris

Ok, is recommend to use debian as sys-net
My question is about already used mac-spoof in sys-net, please can you
try
to give me an answer if it is possible?

pL11

Maybe someone involved in the macchanger instructions can chime in with
advice.

My personal recommendation would be to use Network Manager, as the
Macchanger script is prone to breakage and lists these limitations:

   * This does not randomize your MAC Address on sleep and wake state
     (only on restarting the |sys-net| VM)
   * The |sys-net| networking VM takes longer for device drivers to start
     up than usual, this delayed startup may cause the first attempt of
     |sys-whonix| to connect to Tor to fail

I started about 2 years ago trying to get Macchanger to work
consistently. None of the different approaches really did the job. It
should be handled by the system's  network configuration daemon, which
is Network Manager.

Chris

Hi
Yes, each time that I want to randomize mac address I have to shutdown the
sys-net, activate macspoof-wlp0s1 and restart the pc.

Does the mac address spoof with debian 9 work perfectly?
Can I remove mac changer from fedore, then the drivers start immediately?

It has worked perfectly for me so far. The only problem was a slight incompatibility NM 1.4.x has with old connection settings from versions 1.2.x and earlier. If you use the old connection data it will only randomize in scan mode, not for connections. That was easily solved by creating a new sys-net after the upgrade.

You can remove the macchanger scripts according to the uninstall directions in the doc, though starting with a fresh template would accomplish the same thing.

Chris