Hello,

When I work on laptop with lid closed and external monitor connected,
and when I suspend Qubes, reconnect it to another docking station with
different monitor, and wake it up, then screen on external monitor has
old resolution, not matching resolution of currently connected monitor.

Is it possible to force (or politely convince) xfce4 to autodetect
resolution after wake up from suspend? Just like it used to work on KDE?

As a workaround I use custom script in /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/
that executes on wake up:

xrandr --output HDMI1 --auto --output HDMI2 --auto

It works, but maybe there is a better solution?

And there is a second issue with changing screen resolution. When I
change resolution from lower to higher, some icons in tray at the
bottom of the screen are not accessible - no tooltip on hoover, no
response to click. It looks like only icons of appVM apps are affected
(NetworkManager, Psi, Remmina, KeePass...), and icons of dom0 apps work
correctly (volume control, power manager, qubes manager). Tray needs to
be on bottom of screen, of course.

I have found out that to make these icons work again, I have to switch
on or off any of connected displays.

This issue can be reproduced even without external monitors. Assuming
laptop's LCD is on LVDS1, one needs to switch it to some low resolution
and then back to default:

[user@dom0 ~]$ xrandr --output LVDS1 --mode "800x600"; sleep 3; xrandr
--output LVDS1 --auto

Now icons are not accessible. To fix it one needs to turn LCD off and
on:

[user@dom0 ~]$ xrandr --output LVDS1 --off; xrandr --output LVDS1 --auto

BTW now as I tested it, it looks that not only tray icons are not
accessible. The bottom half of the screen is not clickable for appVM
applications.

Regards,

--
yaqu