Hello everyone,

currently I don't have QubesOS installed unfortunately, so I can't check this
by myself, and it might take some time until I'll be able to install it,
therefore I'm asking about this on the list:
I think that AIDE is the most sophisticated tool for checking file system
integrity (and I believe that this approach might be one of the best in order
to see whether a system got compromised or not), but obviously it could render
this approach useless, if one would first habe to go online after having
installed QubesOS and then AIDE from a Repo, which might be compromised.
Therefore my question: Is AIDE included in the Fedora installation iso, so that
those security issues couls be circumvented?

By the way, doing so should not only be done before going online for the first
time, but already before the system restarts after its installation (because
otherwise ACPI or other firmware code might compromise the system during the
first boot process).

If it's not included in the installation iso, then I'd strongly suggest that it
should be added. (The second best solution would be to download it and pray
that this download is not compromised (probably I don't need to mention that
there are various ways to compromise this download without someone being able
to notice that), bur actually that doesn't even sound like a 'second best', but
a rather careless approach.)

Maybe manually hashing files by writing a script could be another approach (I'd
rather do that than trust a security relevant tool I downloaded from
somewhere), though AIDE is really great in its functionality and it would be
really nice if doing so would be possible.

Kind regards and all the best

David