On 12/01/2016 10:32 PM, Chris Laprise wrote:

> One precaution I usually follow is not putting development tools like
> compilers in systems that are meant for non-development use.

That is the reason it is separated right now :)

But in case of the actual Devel AppVM is network enabled (it is in my
case) so an attacker free to download any shit - including the missing
compilers. So it is only a very thin layer of added security - if any.

In contrast I have a huge the upgrade and backup overhead.

> If I were to merge any of those categories you listed, it would be Work and
> Regular.

In my case the work VM contains real work related apps that is only for
internal use, coming from an internal repo. So it is no way to mix with
any of my other templates.

--
Zrubi