Here is a list of stuff that I got into trouble trying out Qubes. I am
a long time Linux user (since 1993) - so I know a bit about the Linux
environment - but I never liked administration stuff.

This is just a list - I guess I did a lot of silly things, and I don't
suggest that the system should make it impossible to do that. But I
hope that it might inspire someone to make it a little bit less
probably that newbies get lost :)

1. Immediately after installation I wanted to add USB headphones to
the personal vm and I went into Devices configuration of that vm and I
added all lines with USB to the vm. I don't remember if it froze
immediately or maybe after a reboot of the vm - but I've got
completely cut off from the top level Qubes system. Fortunately a hard
reboot fixed the problem.

2. The suspend button activates a popup that says:

"Do you want to suspend to RAM?"

This is a bit confusing - I thought that suspension saves the RAM onto
the disk, not in the opposite direction.

3. Initially I did not understand how can I change the templates. I
thought that to have additional software or to make any special
configuration in a template I need to create a new template and I
started reading the documentation at
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/qubes-builder/ - that was really
confusing. There are also additional questions that the docs don't
answer, like if the changes in the template will be visible in a vm
based on it and if yes - then when?

4. I still don't really understand how the keyboard configuration
works. What worked for me to have Polish letters in a vm was to set it
up both in the top level environment (System Tools > Settings Manager
> Keyboard) and in the vm (setxkbmap pl). Initially I spent a lot of
time in trying to do it only in the vm - but it failed in mysterious
ways.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/