On 12/16/2016 05:14 AM, Andrew David Wong wrote:

I use launchers as well, and you can also set up new panels (like say at
the bottom of the screen or on a second screen that auto-hides) if
there's not enough space.

Another option is to install Whisker Menu (
https://gottcode.org/xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin/ ) which gives you an
application menu that you can search (which can come in handy). I have
that one installed to the far right of my panel so my set up is to have
a bunch of most-used application launchers sorted by color to the left
of the panel next to the standard application menu, and then the Whisker
Menu launcher to the far right next to the logout button for the times
when I need to launch something whose name I know but don't want to dig
through the main application menu to find it (there are many Nautilus
launchers, lol). Best of both worlds and keeps my panel clean.

To install in dom0:

sudo qubes-dom0-update xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin

It's just the one plugin, no other dependencies.