On 2017-01-19 16:21, haxy wrote:

> It's possible that 'yum.qubes-os.org' was no longer present in the
> text and therefore couldn't be found in order to be replaced.

> No, both point to the same server.

> http://qubesos4rrrrz6n4.onion/ should be used. We don't have any
> control over http://qubesosmamapaxpa.onion/ (it appears to be
> updated only infrequently).
>

>>> Do you know why re-running the command, "sudo sed -i
>>> 's/yum.qubes-os.org/yum.qubesos4rrrrz6n4.onion/'
>>> /etc/yum.repos.d/qubes-dom0.repo && cat
>>> /etc/yum.repos.d/qubes-dom0.repo" did not work to overwrite
>>> the first incorrect address entry?  Curious if it's
>>> reproducible or something on my end only?
>>>
>> It's possible that 'yum.qubes-os.org' was no longer present in
>> the text and therefore couldn't be found in order to be
>> replaced.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by this. Why would "yum.qubes-os.org"
> not have been present in the text?  I re-ran the command several
> times using both onion addresses with the same result.

Above, you wrote, "Following directions to onionize repositories I
made a mistake inputting the onion address." You didn't specify your
mistake, so as far as I know, it's possible that your mistake altered
the content of the file such that "yum.qubes-os.org" was no longer
present in the text.

>>> 1. Seems there are 2 distinct onion addresses that can be used
>>> for the qubes repos, "qubesos4rrrrz6n4.onion" or "whonix
>>> kkkkkkkkkk63ava6.onion". Is there any reason to prefer one
>>> over the other?
>>>
>> No, both point to the same server.
>
> Thanks!
>

>>> 2. Which onion address should be used for Qubes website
>>> access? "http://qubesos4rrrrz6n4.onion/"; or
>>> "http://qubesosmamapaxpa.onion/";? Looks like the
>>> "qubesosmamapaxpa" site is not up to date.
>>>
>> http://qubesos4rrrrz6n4.onion/ should be used. We don't have any
>> control over http://qubesosmamapaxpa.onion/ (it appears to be
>> updated only infrequently).
>
> That's strange. I thought that was the original qubes onion
> address?  If you (meaning qubes admin/dev) don't have control over
> "http://qubesosmamapaxpa.onion/";, who does?

Yes, it was initially set up by a Qubes contributor named "Hakisho
Nukama," who suddenly disappeared a long time ago. (I hope you're
still ok out there, Nukama!)

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS