On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 11:38:29 AM UTC-5, qubesn...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am attempting to install Qubes, version 3.2, never having used any prior
> versions.
>
> My computer is custom-built with the following components:
>
> CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K Quad-core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 Processor
> Motherboard: GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 (rev 1.0)
> RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB
> Primary HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB 3-D Vertical Internal SSD
> CD-ROM: Pioneer 16x BD-R Blu-ray Burner (BDR-209DBK)
>
> I tried installing using the following types of media:
>
> -ISO burned to DVD
> -ISO burned to USB using Rufus in Windows and selecting dd mode
> -ISO burned to USB using dd in Debian
>
> When none of these worked, I started searching this newsgroup for similar
> problems.  I found one suggestion that I tried, which was to add
> "GRUB_CMDLINUX_XEN_DEFAULT iommu-no-igfx" to grub.cfg - I could not do this
> one because I could not get the USB device out of read-only mode
>
> I removed the "quiet" option from the install, but still no success
>
> Afterward, I disabled VT-d in BIOS, but again, no success
>
> Every time, I get the splash screen with the options for installation. For
> any option I pick, it gets to the point where I believe Xen is launching the
> graphics for the installer. At that point, the screen goes completely black.
> In the case where I use the DVD, the drive stops spinning, and nothing else
> happens.
>
> I am at a loss, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

hmm  tried a diff usb stick,  checked the signatures of the downloaded iso,
used only onboard gpu unplug pcie one. check gpu bios options,    unplug all
other usb devices,  check mobo for options,  update mobo bios,  does the
baremetal fedora 24 installer work?

That board looks like it should work good with qubes,  if I can think of
anything else I'll post back.

Also