Update:

Today I updated a few more settings in my BIOS (which for some reason got reset
after the Fedora install), and I tried installing again.  This time, I got sent
to the text-based install after seeing a message about "X startup failed -
falling back to text mode"

I repeatedly encountered the following messages when trying to select
destination media (for all options available):
"Storage configuration failed: auto partition failed"
"Encryption requested for LUKS device but no encryption key specified"

I went down the road of investigating the "Rescue Qubes" option, but quickly
discovered that's really only for an already installed OS, so I backed out of
that.

I have a second PC that is older, and doesn't have an SSD drive so I knew it
wouldn't work so well with Qubes but I tried installing anyway. I noticed a big
difference in the startup routines between both systems. In the older system
(which has a EVGA GeForce GTX780 Hydro Copper video card installed), when the
installer started I had a nice graphical interface with a big "Q" on it. In the
custom system, I see a varying colored blue bar crawling across the bottom of
the screen with the text "Generic 23" on the bottom right.

At this point, I'm thinking my only option is to install a video card in the
new system and try installing again. Does anyone have any suggestions for a
card that will support a 4k monitor?

Thank you, I appreciate any and all responses.