On 02/22/2017 04:09 PM, Ted Brenner wrote:
> I have 8 GB of RAM and I feel like I can't have more than 3 AppVMs open
> (with Chrome) before I hit a limit and can't open up anymore appVMs. Could
> be my configuration in terms of what minimal amount of memory I assign
> though I'm using everything as it comes right out of the box. If someone
> can get 12, I must be doing something wrong.

> there is no such thing as too much RAM. :)
>
> I'm using ~12 online VMs  and usually hitting memory limits of my 8Gb.
>

>> --

I actually had approximately this behaviour with 4GB of Ram.
With 8GB Ram I can at least get 3 Firefox + sysvms + one set whonixvms +
a bunch of F24-minimal running.
When I had only 4GB I shrank down the netvms. I installed
network-manager + nm applets + nic firmware in the minimal template and
set the netvm,firewallvm,usbvm to the minimal template. Take a look at
the wiki which packages exactly are required for a netvm.
I also decrease the default maximum ram for appvms as necessary.
Browsers cant spam ram they dont have.

Illidan