On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 10:09:31 AM UTC-5, Ted Brenner wrote:
> I have 8 GB of RAM and I feel like I can't have more than 3 AppVMs open (with
> Chrome) before I hit a limit and can't open up anymore appVMs. Could be my
> configuration in terms of what minimal amount of memory I assign though I'm
> using everything as it comes right out of the box. If someone can get 12, I
> must be doing something wrong.
>

> On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 4:55 AM, Zrubi <ma...@zrubi.hu> wrote:

> On 02/22/2017 11:36 AM, sgshsjj...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > How does Qubes uses memory? I use about 20VMs (AppVMs, NetVMs,
>
> > ProxyVMs, etc) and i don't see any difference between 8 and 16 gigs
>
> > on laptop, does it make sense to add more memory?
>

> there is no such thing as too much RAM. :)
>

> I'm using ~12 online VMs  and usually hitting memory limits of my 8Gb.
>

> - --
>
> Zrubi

> --

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/bae9891a-e216-dab9-4c30-3606ab69842a%40zrubi.hu.

> --
>
> Sent from my Desktop

haha no u doing it right,   I saw 20 vms for 8gb and was like what!>!   Depends
on what you using your vms for. whats running on them etc...  in other words
you actually use your pc for more then just looking at it.

on my 8g i can only have like 6 or 7 vms running, including sys-vms.  on the 16
gb machine about double that.  before I notice slowdown. or dom 0 ram going
down.