On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 08:52:37AM +0100, haaber wrote:
> On 03/10/2017 05:51 AM, cooloutac wrote:
> > On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 3:04:34 PM UTC-5, haaber wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> I realise with surprise that some items in the "Q"-symbol that gives the
> >> xfce menu have disappeared: the settings menu (!), the link to a dom0
> >> termnal  & the link to debian-8 template.
> >>
> >> Is there a way to recreate these items? Bernhard
> >
> > what desktop you using? xfce  try alt f3.
>
> Hello cooloutac, that brings indeed the "application finder". But it
> won't find the items I miss.  For debian-8 I fear my endless attempts to
> install debian-8-dvm as standard template (involving
> virsh -c xen:/// undefine debian-8-dvm )
> seems to have taken away the debian-8 out of the list. This is not the
> most annoying. Qubes-VM-manager still sees it, so I can start & run a
> command by hand. The missing dom0-console is more annoying (I can still
> do Alt+F2 + xterm), but the missing xfce settings is really annoying.
>
> Bernhard

Bernhard

To recreate the debian-8 menu you should be able to run
qvm-sync-appmenus. (You'll need to start the template first.)
This is referred to at www.qubes-os.org/doc/managing-appvm-shortcuts

There have been numerous threads about using and abusing the menu
system in xfce - please search and read them before posting here.