On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 2:38:22 PM UTC-4, Micah Lee wrote:
> I published a quick blog post explaining how I do this:
>
> https://micahflee.com/2016/06/qubes-tip-opening-links-in-your-preferred-appvm/

This would be awesome, I gave it a try but for some reason can't seem to get it
to work, that is getting a link from an email in tbird to open up in a browser
in my work vm.

I created an ~/.local/share/applications/open_work_vm.desktop

edited the exec line:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=WorkBrowserVM
Exec=qvm-open-in-vm work %u
Terminal=false
X-MultipleArgs=false
Type=Application
Categories=Network;WebBrowser;
MimeType=x-scheme-handler/unknown;x-scheme-handler/about;text/html;text/xml;application/xhtml+xml;application/xml;application/vnd.mozilla.xul+xml;application/rss+xml;application/rdf+xml;image/gif;image/jpeg;image/png;x-scheme-handler/http;x-scheme-handler/https;

ran xdg-settings:

xdg-settings set default-web-browser open_work_vm.desktop

(it created a mimeapps.list file) then tried it, nada.

I tried restarting the browser, then the tbirdVM, then the workvm, each time
clicking on the link in the email in tbird and hoping the default browser
(firefox) would pop up in my workVM. Instead nothing happened, the workVM
didn't start up, firefox didn't open up (when I pre-started the work vm), and a
tab didn't pop up when the workvm and ff were both pre-started.

I would really like to get this working for a variety of reasons, actually the
absolute best would be to click on a link in tbird (or right click in a
browser) and have a menu that gave a few options of where I'd like to open a
page up like in a dispvm, anonvm, or just another regular appvm.

Thoughts?