On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 10:38:37 PM UTC-4, cooloutac wrote:
> On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 3:48:04 PM UTC-4, Andrew David Wong wrote:
>
> Well if they can do that to one file,  couldn't they do that to alot more
> others if backing up the whole vm? I would think one file is alot easier to
> check. Since that whole vaultvm is only dedicated to that one file for me
> anyways, and I don't have custom configs or scripts in it.
>
>  One cool thing I saw about paranoid mode is it take into account things in
> user directories that are not even user data to begin with.  so ya I back up
> other vms that way especially templates, and especially vms with custom
> configs. or vms with just alot of data in alot of diff folders out of
> convenience.
>
> But for the vault I just do the single file.
>
> And so say if the database file is malware,  what do you mean by qvm-backup
> would prevent it?
>
> And yes "rendering it useless by changing every password".  We are talking of
> the times you suspect it, have a hunch, if you think you can never tell when
> you are compromised then what else is there to go on?  and what else can be
> done?

by a hunch I mean like noticing weird anomalies,  freezes, crashes, mouse
issues, lag, or just anything really,  timing and sequence of events. after my
account gets hacked do I still just say it could just be a random bug cause I
have no proof?

if we really can't notice anything suspicious in even with live realtime
network traffic, system logs,  or file integrity logs,  then what else are you
supposed to do.  Just already assume its compromised.