On 06/17/2017 06:40 AM, loke...@gmail.com wrote:
I've restarted the offending VM's now, so I can't test anymore.

The fan was blowing at maximum speed (which is why I looked into this in the
first place) so there was definitely something happening.

The VM that was running with the most CPU usage according to xentop (150% or
so) had been used to run an Atari ST emulator (which uses lots of CPU).
However, the emulator had been killed and the machine left idle while I was off
doing other things for at least 30 minutes. It was when I came back to the
computer that I noticed that the fan was blowing and that's when I noticed the
problem.

This happens to me sometimes on the current Xen/Linux versions. When I look at top in the offending VM its 'kswapd' that has gone berserk.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
https://twitter.com/ttaskett