On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 11:53:51 AM UTC-4, qubenix wrote:
> wordswithn...@gmail.com:
> > On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 10:07:04 AM UTC-4, qubenix wrote:
> >> qubenix:

> >> Oops small typo (forgot to name "sys-net" one time). Fixed:
> >>
> >> for i in $(qvm-run -a -p -u root sys-net "ls
> >> /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/"); do qvm-run -a -p -u root
> >> sys-net "cat /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/$i" > $i;
> >> qvm-move-to-vm sys-net-profiles $i; done
> >>
> >> --
> >> qubenix
> >> GPG: B536812904D455B491DCDCDD04BE1E61A3C2E500
> >
> > How much of a risk do you think this is, passing the file contents through
> > dom0 via qvm-run -ap?
> >

> Yeah, this is moderately secure IMHO. You are copying everything from
> /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections dir to dom0 before being moved to
> destination vm without check. So theoretically something malicious could
> be placed there. However, I don't see how it would be executed in dom0
> (should the file be malicious). I took no consideration for security,
> only to solve the problem of prompt.
>
> --
> qubenix
> GPG: B536812904D455B491DCDCDD04BE1E61A3C2E500

Thanks, and point taken on not focusing on security implications.

I found a thread from last year where some third-party devs are concerned about
the implications of letting qvm-run -p run wild:

https://github.com/SietsevanderMolen/i3-qubes/issues/15

It's a good idea, but I think I'm looking for a more secure solution - if it's
out there.