On Sun, Jul 09, 2017 at 11:01:27AM +0000,
qubesos-q7wo9g+UVklWk0Htik3J/w...@public.gmane.org wrote:
> bald...@tutanota.com:
> > For those of us who followed Qubes hardware recommendations and then bought
> > or ordered shiny new Librem 13 laptops, you'll maybe not have noticed  that
> > qubes has silently and sneakily withdrawn the recommendation leaving us all
> > in the lurch.
> > Originally qubes was sold to as all as a reasonably secure OS - that
> > security they said was built around the trusted ZEN platform. We now know
> > that Zen has numerous security vulnerabilities
> > How can we trust Qubes judgement anymore? I certainly don't.
> >

> > --
> > Securely sent with Tutanota. Claim your encrypted mailbox today!
> > https://tutanota.com
> >

> Despite the "spin" put out earlier today by Qubes's Andy Wong, the real
> reason Qubes ditched Librem 13, is because the Librem 13 v2 BIOS
> firmware is from Coreboot. Regretably, Qubes 4 will not yet boot
> properly from Coreboot [see github] - hence Librem 13 v2 is useless.

This simply isn't true - it's clear from the Purism statement that Librem
13v2 has not been entered for certification.

Since Qubes 4 is still at an early stage of development (not even RC1),
there is little prospect of ANY machine being certified for it at this
stage.
The fact that there are issues with Coreboot now is irrelevant - there
are issues with all sorts of things in 4 as it stands. But it was stated
that Qubes certified hardware should run on open source boot firmware,
and I dont think that has changed.

I dont think that Librem users have been "left in the lurch". It was
made clear that the Librem13 was not likely to be certified for Qubes 4.
This doesnt mean that the machine wont work with 4 - if you look at the
requirements page for 4, minimal are VT-x,VT-d SLAT.
A quick look at the HCL and the purism site confirms that the 13 has
CoreI5 6200U, and that CPU does have VT-x, VT-d and SLAT.
So in what sense does OP have grounds for feeling  "left in the lurch"?

unman