On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Noor Christensen <
kchr+qubes-us...@fripost.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 07:58:17AM -0400, Protonmij wrote:
> > I appreciate you are trying to help, but I have no desire to try
> > unauthorised workarounds that potentially leave my machine compromised
> > or in an undefined state.
> > I think I'll wait until Qubes get the Coreboot issues resolved and
> > then formally issue a solution
> > Thank again for your efforts
>
> Sure, no problem.
>
> Mind if I ask what makes you feel that updating your GRUB configuration
> would be compromising and/or lead to undefined behavior?

I was wondering the same.  And a part Qubes developers may have much more
compelling problems related with R4 to find time to polish such minor x230
Coreboot issues. If they have a x230 at all since they once seem to like
larger screens.
Best
Fran

These GRUB commands mentioned in the workaround are the same ones that
> gets called by your Linux distribution upon upgrading the kernel, for
> example. They are standard procedure for updating the GRUB
> configuration.
>
> -- noor
>
> |_|O|_|
> |_|_|O|  Noor Christensen