I am concerned about the recent bug affecting Skylake and Kaby Lake gen Intel
processors - https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2017/06/msg00308.html

As BIOS updates aren't yet available from many mobo manufacturers, how can we
Qubes users best defend ourselves against an exploit? In this post I am hoping
to reach out to someone who may be able to comment on how we can best configure
our platforms until a fix is available.

Following the advice in the linked Debian advisory, I have disabled
hyper-threading in the BIOS settings. My questions are as follows:

1) When I check /proc/cpuinfo in dom0, 'ht' remains listed as a flag
(capability). Running $ lscpu in dom0 indicates that 'Threads per core: 1' so I
assume the BIOS has in fact disabled hyper-threading. Is this correct, or
should the flag also disappear when functionality is disabled in BIOS settings?

2) Is it safe to run multiple VCPUs (up to the number of physical cores) for
each Guest VM. Or, in light of this bug, should we only be using a single VCPU
for each guest?

Many thanks in advance.