On Monday, 21 August 2017 00:17:25 UTC+10, Hugo Costa  wrote:
> Thank you for your answers.
>

> I've tried using an earlier version of the Windows tools (3.2.1-3) and the
> problem persists. I'll have to try it in a new vm with no updates (this one
> was fully updated, already came with SP1 out-of-the-ISO). My VM isn't a
> template, I was a bit lazy.

Try installing as a template then. see if that helps?
SP1 has SP1, and is still missing about 1.* GB of updates.

If you update, it may help too.

Try tools version 3.0.2

I have the latest installed in my Win7 Standard Edition on my PC here, and it
runs seamless with all the perks no issue. It's only on 30 day trial until I
enter my key, only trial because i am currently just testing things out before
i use my key again.

> I've also noticed a new error. Qubes is unable to start the qrexec-daemon.

That is normal, you will need to use qvm-prefs to set the timeout to maybe 120
seconds. Depends how long it takes for your win7 guest to boot. mine takes 12
seconds but i still have it set to 120 seconds timeout incase sometimes i have
overloaded win7 and it takes forever to boot, or has to do a scan or an update
install.