On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 12:17:26 -0400
Ed <e...@edjusted.com> wrote:

> On 10/06/2017 12:10 PM, Mike Keehan wrote:
>

> > Wouldn't it be possible to add a second Firewall VM to be used
> > solely by your special single vm?
> >

> Yes I believe this would def work, and also should be
> automatic/reliable across reboots, but I was really hoping to not
> give up 2-4GB of RAM just for this purpose.

I think you will find that the firewall VM runs OK in just 500Mb, maybe
less.  Search the mail list for "vm memory" - there have been a number
of discussions about how much is actually used by the system VMs.  (I
can't remember the details off hand, or I would give more info!)

It is worth knowing that although a VM is initially set up with a 4Gb
memory allocation, it only uses what it needs.   The rest is still
available to the other qubes etc.

   Mike.