On 10.11.2017 17:45, David Hobach wrote:
On 11/10/2017 05:41 PM, David Hobach wrote:

Your point about sys-net not working might very well be part of it as it seems to start sometimes and not others, though the firewall isn't starting 100% of the time.

There's a few issues wrt the qubes firewall open on github. The funny/bad thing about it being that if it doesn't start, it'll default to "Allow all"... x_X

That's present in 4.0rc2 at least.

Correction:
Just noticed that you were probably talking about the sys-firewall VM.
I was talking about the qubes-firewall service running in
sys-firewall.

Ah well thanks anyway for that. I am reinstalling now and will see if I can mess with the installation options in a way that might help resolve this. Any thoughts on how I could fix the sys-firewall issue would of course be nice.

I also hope I can either get the network going or write something to a flash so I can post the journalctl output (I am assuming that would be helpful?)