Thanks, Reg. :)

On the topic of 4.14 in dom0: When I compile stuff in a VM (with 8 or 10 out of
12 threads assigned), I am sometimes running into cursor and other sluggishness
in dom0 and (the rendering of) other VMs, when this wasn't ever the case (to my
recollection) in kernels <=4.12. IIRC I also had this with 4.13. Any idea what
that might be about, or what logs or resource monitors I might check when this
next occurs?