On 01/01/2018 11:44 AM, Kyle Breneman wrote:
I have successfully verified the fingerprint for the Qubes Master Signing Key.
I have verified the Release 3 ISO signature using the Qubes Release 3 Signing
Key. How do I verify that the Release 3 signing key is good? Do I somehow use
the Qubes Master Signing Key to verify the authenticity of the Release 3
Signing Key? If so, please explain how to do this with gpg4win? Thanks!

Hi Kyle,

After you import both the master and signing keys, you can check them with 'gpg --check-sigs' which should have output like this:
pub   rsa4096 2017-03-06 [SC]
      5817A43B283DE5A9181A522E1848792F9E2795E9
uid           [ unknown] Qubes OS Release 4 Signing Key
sig!3        1848792F9E2795E9 2017-03-06  Qubes OS Release 4 Signing Key
sig!         DDFA1A3E36879494 2017-03-08  Qubes Master Signing Key

(I have the Qubes 4 key but its otherwise the same.)

This lists the Qubes master key under the uid for the Qubes release key, showing the release key has been signed by the master. The exclamation mark after "sig" means the signature has been verified as good.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket