On Mon, Jan 01, 2018 at 01:40:00PM +0000, Naja Melan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While searching on the internet I stumbled onto this:
>
> https://github.com/rkt/stage1-xen
>
> Would this work on qubes? Anyone already doing it?
>
> Also found some stuff about rumprun unikernels allowing directly running any
> posix app on xen. It seems awfully quiet about such initiatives, which
> puzzles me because surely being able to run applications in total isolation
> without the overhead (memory, disk, cpu) of a full linux install is very
> interesting for something like qubes right?
>
> What is the current state of affairs?
>
> Naja Melan

There's actually been some discussion on unikernels for at least the
last 2 years, both in qubes-users and qubes-devel.
Thomas Leonard has implemented a minimal sys-firewall as a MirageOS-based
unikernel:
- http://roscidus.com/blog/blog/2016/01/01/a-unikernel-firewall-for-qubesos/
- https://github.com/talex5/qubes-mirage-firewall

and recently, (19/12/2017) announced v 0.4 on this list