On Thursday, 4 January 2018 11:49:45 GMT Fabrizio Romano Genovese wrote:
> Looking at the console messages at startup, it looks like the problem is
> that Qubes takes more than one minute to boot sys-net, sys-firewall,
> sys-usb and sys-whonix. That was not the case in 3.2.
>
> Also, when giving
> qvm-start someVM
> the startup time is again quite slow. Could it be that my VMs are based on
> Fedora26?

Can you try giving your VMs more initial memory?
I saw that the default of 400MB is causing VMs to swap like crazy on
startup. I change it to 1000MB and stuff starts significantly faster.

I also removed swap in fstab on all templates, the only effect this has had
so far is show that the memory balancer is in need of work. It fails to give
hosts memory when they use significantly more than others.

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io