On Tuesday, 30 January 2018 01:05:39 CET 'Tom Zander' via qubes-users
wrote:
> I can start a VM using qvm-start, but when I use qvm-run nothing happens,
> it hangs forever. Even commands that don't need a X server.
> For any qube of the various OSs I run.
>
> The Qubes icons also no longer show in my system-tray.
> I can still update dom0 via yum, though. Thats a relief.
> Is this a known issue? Can I expect a fix soon?

There were a bunch more updates in the repo 4.0 current-testing this morning
which I applied and I rebooted, but no change.
Still no icons in my systray, still not able to start any apps on any VMs.

does anyone know if its possible to tell qubes-dom0-update to go back to the
stable version (4.0 current instead of testing)?

----

I tried switching one of my VMs back to the previous kernel.  No change.
guid log states;
```
Icon size: 128x128
libvchan_is_eof
Icon size: 128x128
domain dead
Failed to connect to gui-agent
```

pacat logs look ok, but nothing shows up in my dom0 mixer app

vchan log has repeated series of;
```
vchan closed
reconnecting
vchan closed
```

qrexec (after a while) has this log
```
Unable to connect to X server
Unable to connect to X server
eintr
```

I'll switch to my old ArchLinux OS, until Qubes gets more stable.
--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io