On Tuesday, 30 January 2018 11:19:18 CET 'Tom Zander' via qubes-users wrote:
> There were a bunch more updates in the repo 4.0 current-testing this
> morning which I applied and I rebooted, but no change.
> Still no icons in my systray, still not able to start any apps on any VMs.

Oh, I focused into the issue.

I logged into xfce for 2 seconds and the Qubes app showed up.
Then logging out and logging back into KDE and stuff still works.

If you don't log into xfce you get the attached error from qubes-manager.

Maybe someone made a mistake and used an xfce specific thing?
I'm a bit worried that the system can become so broken.
That thing that logging into xfce started should likely  be auto-triggered
and happen, not on login, but on need.

Still really looking forward to Qubes getting more stable...
--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io