On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 1:56:14 PM UTC-8, Yuraeitha wrote:
[ ... snip ... ]

> It might be a good idea to put this on github, chances are that they might
> fix it soon if the problem is general issue for all USB tethering's, which
> could affect many people, thus possibly given higher priority in the limited
> resources available. They can also better keep track of the issue on github.
> Try report it on github if possible.

I'll try to reproduce when time permits, and write this up better in a github
issue.

> btw, just to be sure, are you using it in this order?
> sys-net --> sys-usb --> sys-firewall, and tying your Qubes-Global-Settings
> for NetVM updates to sys-usb?

No, I'm switching between

1. sys-net --> sys-firewall --> appvms  (the out of the box default)
2. sys-usb --> sys-firewall --> appvms  (sys-net disconnected)

And the behavior I see is...

setting #1, `dnf install ...` *succeeds* in appvms, *succeeds* in templates
setting #2, `dnf install ...` *succeeds* in appvms, *fails* in templates

The way the templates fail has switched from the error in my first post, to the
error in my later post.