On Fri, February 9, 2018 12:33 pm, frankenstein91.info via qubes-users wrote:

> i would like t use a older notebook for qubes os. But i can't get WiFi
> working and Ethernet only if the net-VW has the SD-card-reader
> coonnected.
>

> ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo lspci
> 03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 3160 (rev 83)
> 04:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8411
> PCI Express Card Reader (rev 01)
> 04:00.2 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
> RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 0a)

Hahaha from those last two entries, it looks like your Ethernet controller
is a sub-function of your card reader. Maybe your BIOS is doing something
strange. Do you use the card reader for anything? If not, I think the best
approach would be keep doing what you are doing and assign both the card
reader and Ethernet to your netVM.

Make sure you've installed the Intel wireless firmware to the template
you're using for your netVM. If it still doesn't work, you need to provide
more detail.