On 02/09/18 20:56, Alex Dubois wrote:
On Friday, 9 February 2018 18:43:06 UTC, Ivan Mitev  wrote:
On 02/09/18 20:23, Alex Dubois wrote:
On Friday, 9 February 2018 18:01:08 UTC, Ivan Mitev  wrote:
On 02/09/18 19:37, Alex Dubois wrote:
On Friday, 9 February 2018 13:17:19 UTC, Alex Dubois  wrote:
On Friday, 9 February 2018 13:07:27 UTC, Alex Dubois  wrote:
On Friday, 9 February 2018 12:31:10 UTC, Alex Dubois  wrote:
Hi,

After booting the win7 VM, the DVD get recognized.
Windows is loading file progress bar is going smoothly
But the win7 VM goes into halted or transient state just after displaying the
graphical splash screen Starting Windows

At the moment I am exploring how to resolve this issue in R4

I've tried
qvm-features win7 video-model cirrus
but same problem

Fixed.
The minimum specs from Microsoft for Windows 7 64bits is 2GB of RAM.
qvm-prefs win7 memory 2048

I'll update the doc.

I have also tested that
qvm-features win7 video-model cirrus
is NOT required (in my case).

I should test fully before saying things. It was required after the first
reboot.

This thread provide a comprehensive view
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-devel/tBqwJmOAJ94

FYI once the second part of the installation is complete and you have a
working windows VM, you can revert the display adapter to standard vga
(qvm-features --unset win7 video-model).

Happy that the qubes-devel thread was useful :)

Yes thanks a lot. I have now a working win7. Starting Windows-Tools install.

I just did that :) - it works well... (but don't try to install the pv
storage driver otherwise you'll get a BSOD).

Thanks for the warning ;-)

I can't find qubes-windows-tools
is it in testing branch?

Yes (in R3.2):

https://yum.qubes-os.org/r3.2/current-testing/dom0/fc23/rpm/qubes-windows-tools-3.2.2-3.x86_64.rpm

Extract with:

rpm2cpio qubes-windows-tools-3.2.2-3.x86_64.rpm | cpio -idmv

And start the VM (assuming the iso is in the 'untrusted' VM):

qvm-start --cdrom=untrusted:/home/user/qubes-windows-tools.iso win7