On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 8:02:13 PM UTC+1, Ivan Mitev wrote:
> On 02/09/18 20:56, Alex Dubois wrote:

> >> I just did that :) - it works well... (but don't try to install the pv
> >> storage driver otherwise you'll get a BSOD).
> >
> > Thanks for the warning ;-)
> >
> > I can't find qubes-windows-tools
> > is it in testing branch?
>
> Yes (in R3.2):
>
> https://yum.qubes-os.org/r3.2/current-testing/dom0/fc23/rpm/qubes-windows-tools-3.2.2-3.x86_64.rpm
>
> Extract with:
>
> rpm2cpio qubes-windows-tools-3.2.2-3.x86_64.rpm | cpio -idmv
>
> And start the VM (assuming the iso is in the 'untrusted' VM):
>
> qvm-start --cdrom=untrusted:/home/user/qubes-windows-tools.iso win7

Nice one Ivan, this really pushes forward the ability to re-install Win7
without having to use Qubes 3.2. for it.

@Alex
Do you feel the system is as stable as it was on Qubes 3.2. with this fresh
re-install on Qubes 4? Of course with the included Qubes 4 required adjustments
like network, page-file, and so on.